Directions to Marietta:
DO NOT BE ALARMED!: These directions have you go by the fairgrounds and circle back around to make turns easier for the haulers and trailers.
1. 77 to exit 6 (Lower Salem/Marietta exit)
2. Right on 821 S (about 3 miles)
3. At stop light for intersection of 821/60 make a left
4. Take SR 60 through a couple lights and around a bend (which will turn into 3rd Street)
a. At this point you will already have been able to look to the right and see the fairgrounds.
5. Stay on 3rd Street (SR 60) until Montgomery St.
6. Take a right on Montgomery St.
7. Take a right on 2nd Street
8. Take a right on Front Street
9. Do not go in the main gate, we are going to go in Gate 3, also known as Wilson Gate
10. Just past the main gate, go by the cattle barn and take a left on Pennsylvania Ave (initial turn off spot may be called Eaton St.)
11. Take Pennsylvania Ave to Gate 3
2015 "Printer Friendly" Schedule, click here
2015 Schedule with class chart, click here
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram .... @ostpapull
Check out results posted on the Trackside Pull Results page
Please remember that registration for the first class of any event closes 1/2 hour before the start of the event. If you are running late, please call the office number to let the entry trailer know.
OSTPA New Rules
Agenda items passed that will go into effect for the 2015 OSTPA pulling season.
Passed November 2014
Agenda items passed that will go into effect
for the 2014 OSTPA pulling season.
Passed November 2013
1. SS Division - Alcohol V-8 tractors with aftermarket head to run 18 inch drawbar at 7500 lb.
2. SS Division - All Super Stock alcohol, 6 cylinder tractors with push rod, aftermarket head engines to run 19 inch drawbar at 8,000 lb.
Passed April 2014
1. Executive Board - Remove rule under Super Stock, p. 14-L-2, Super Farm tractors are allowed to compete, under their own rules and regulations (excluding weight), in the Super Stock Class. Remove rule p. 17-B-Super Farm tractors are allowed to compete, under their own divisional rules and regulations (excluding weight) in Pro Stock or Super Stock classes.
2. Super Stock Class - SS Class to allow 504 cubic inch or smaller alcohol powered tractors with after-market push rod heads to run at 20in drawbar height at 8,000 lbs.
Note: SMFWD will run rules from the 2012 Pulling Season for the 2014 Season.
Our deepest sympathy goes out to the family of North East club member Bart Stieger who passed away, Friday, May 15. Bart's full obituary can be viewed here.
The OSTPA family offers its deepest condolences to PS Semi puller, Dale Mitchell, and his family. Dale's mother, E. Beth Mitchell, died unexpectedly Tuesday, May 5. Please keep him in your thoughts. Her full obituary can be seen here.
The OSTPA family is saddened to report the loss of two of its members. Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families of Jimmy Kendle (Modified) and Shawn Williams (TWD). Jimmy passed away April 1, as a result of a truck accident near Hagerstown, MD. He enjoyed traveling from Maryland to pull with his Ohio buddies and always made an impression on everyone he met. His full obituary can be seen here.
Shawn Williams passed away April 2. Shawn and his father Don piloted the Out'a Control and Lac'a Control Two Wheel Drive Trucks. Earning the Puller of the Year Award in 2009 and 2003 (with his father), Shawn had a great love for the sport of pulling that was only trumped by the love he had for his family. His full obituary can be seen here.
Another member of the OSTPA family has made his final trip down the track. Dave Haley (Modified - Haley's Comet) passed away Tuesday, June 16. Dave was instrumental in getting OSTPA established and spent many years pulling and building pulling tracks with multiple organizations. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends. Dave's full obituary can be seen here once it has been made available online. A brief, local article from a few years ago featuring Dave can be seen here.
The OSTPA family is saddened to report the loss of another long time puller. Larry Shope (Pro Stock - Iron Dragon) passed away Monday evening, June 8. Our deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends. Larry's full obituary can be seen here.
Thank You to the 2014 Sponsors!